Inflation

 Have you been hit hard by the inflation bug? Food that costs 200% more than it used to? Do you just wish you could go back in time and enjoy grocery prices from years ago? Me too! Since we have a family of 6, 4 of which are young, growing boys, we buy A LOT of food. My husband works outdoors, so I try to find filling foods for him. Some days, we eat sandwiches with a healthy side, other days, I make tacos (technically also a sandwich), but I always try to have protein, carbs, and fresh vegetables or fruit, but meat is expensive, so that is a bit harder some days. We use beans in its place at times, but my boys aren't big on too many beans. 

We have found that ground chicken is cheaper than ground beef, but we do not enjoy ground turkey. We use Aldi as our main grocery store, which is honestly almost as expensive as other stores now. I drink water and Plexus that I already had at my house, to save money, even when I want a probiotic soda. I have stopped drinking actual sodas for my health, but sometimes a probiotic one hits the spot. 

I buy as much as I can on sale, clearance, or closeout, but when I need something that isn't on any of those 3, it hurts my wallet. I pray prices go down soon, but with the way the world is, it won't. I won't get political, but until election time is over, I do not forsee it getting any better.


Have you suffered from inflation, to the point you can't pay for groceries? How have you worked through it? Do you make more food from scratch? Less eating out?

Let me know in the comments!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Not a happy update

Planning a vacation

The Hurt of a Wrong Name