Life on the Homestead

 Have you ever felt like life is going too fast? Do you ever want to just slow down and forget technology? Do you love animals? I remember being pretty young and wanting all the animals. The most we had was a dog or cat, but deep down, I really wanted a cow or a goat. Although I don't have a cow, I do have 3 goats. We named them Nugget, S'mores, and Brownie, we also had Sumi (short for Sumatra), but sadly, he passed away earlier this year from poisoning (a random plant he decided to nibble on). I still want a cow or two, but this life makes my heart happy. I love all of our ducks, chickens, goats, cats, and rabbits. Hopefully, we will expand in the next couple of years and have even more animal love here. I can go outside and rub the goats (not during rut season) and the world stops. My life seems simple. I grew up wanting the "Laura Ingalls" life. It always seemed so calm, slow, and peaceful. I know life was hard back then, but technology has ruined so much. I remember reading all of her books and wanting that life, begging for a calmer life. I have grown to enjoy technology at times, but sometimes, going outside and enjoying nature is all I need to make my world go right. I know many people don't understand that, but it takes all kinds to make the world go round or so they say. 

I love going outside to feed and water the animals. I love watching my kids fall in love with nature and our animals. It is sometimes hard, especially when a favorite animal gets hurt or dies, but it has taught my boys responsibility. If you ever get a chance to experience farm or homestead life for a week or two, do it. Disconnect from technology and live slowly for a little while. Enjoy family or time away from the chaos.


If you have a homestead or farm, what is your favorite part?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Not a happy update

Planning a vacation

The Hurt of a Wrong Name