Kid Shows

 As I have mentioned before, I have kids, 4 little boys. My oldest is 10 and honestly, since we are low technology for them, will watch anything that I let him. He is really into old shows, like Mr. Rogers Neighborhood and Zoboomafoo, but recently started enjoying Wild Kratts. My 7-year-old likes Wild Kratts too, but prefers Bluey. Mr. 4-year-old is a person of many likes, he will watch Bluey, Lego Jurassic World, Little Baby Bum, or anything, except Mr. Rogers. My little man, a 2-year-old, loves Little Baby Bum, because they sing about buses, or bus bus, as he calls it. 


There are many shows that we refuse to allow them to watch, like Cocomelon, Paw Patrol, Peppa Pig, or anything like that. Now I know, technology is the future, but I feel like as parents, we must control things that are in our home. I don't mean complete control, I allowed my 10-year-old to read the synopsis of a set of books, and he chose not to read the books, because they were inappropriate, according to him. I want them to think for themselves, but as their mom, I also have the important job of teaching them how to know whether things are appropriate for them.


My youngest is in the beginning stages of learning this, but my 4-year-old is able to tell me when he finds something wrong. We don't allow curse words in our home, so if he hears something that we don't allow, then he will tell us. Now don't get me wrong, I understand I can't control what others do, but I can control to an extent what my kids can hear or see. Everyone has the right to raise their kids, how they talk around them, what they allow on the TV, and even how much they can watch, but I have the right to raise my kids, my way.


I hope everyone has a good day and enjoy a little time with your little ones, because time passes way too quickly as I am learning. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Not a happy update

Planning a vacation

The Hurt of a Wrong Name